Creme brulee, French recipe
La creme brulee is one of the most typical desserts of French gastronomy. Today we will learn how to prepare it with this simple recipe.
Easy creme brulee recipe
Crème brûlée means, literally, "crema burned". The idea of this dessert is to achieve a very creamy base, and give crispy touch with a solid caramel cover, but delicate enough to split with a spoon hit, or just a bit of pressure.
The main ingredients are eggs, cream and sugar. You can also optionally add cinnamon and/or vanilla essence. I recommend it.
Creme brulee, original recipe
Tips for a perfect brulee creme:
- Some people extend the cooking time to obtain a more golden crème brûlée. In this case, you can leave the bain-marie up to an hour and a half in the oven, but make sure to lower the cooking temperature considerably, to 100 degrees.
- As it is most likely that we do not have a blowtorch in house to "burn" the candy, we can try two alternatives. One is to preheat the oven to the maximum and brown our crème brulees for a couple of minutes. Another is to make the caramel melting the sugar in a pot, and make each layer by letting it fall little by little on the surface of each cream. We may have to return the pot to the fire a couple of times to recover the almost liquid point of the sugar.You can also add a discrete splash of some liquor, or boil the cream of milk with lemon or orange peels.
- You can use muscabada, morena or rubia sugar, for the burnt caramel. This with the aim of obtaining a more golden and dark color.
- For a less thick texture, instead of using only milk cream, you can replace it with a part of cream and another part of liquid milk./li>
- For a more intense vanilla flavor, instead of a spoonful of essence, you can use a pod of this ingredient, remove the beans and add them to the milk.
- If you want to balance the sweet flavor of this dessert, you can add a pinch of salt to the preparation.
Other recipes that you may like
If you like the idea of preparing other French recipes, we propose our recipe of onion soup, our recipe of traditional quiche lorraine, or an easy recipe for crepes.
If you prefer the preparation of creamy desserts, you can try our recipe for custard cream. I also recommend the flan recipe.